Content


Location: Wat Pho, Bangkok, Thailand (13� 44' 47? N, 100� 29' 37? E)
Date: 24 June 2010, 1.35pm
Camera: Canon 400D with Canon 70-200/f4.0

One of the things I dislike about reading guidebooks such as Lonely Plant and Rough Guides is that they seem to always focus on one element of the places that they wrote about. If you read the book on Vietnam, the pages are filled with Pagoda this, Pagoda that and when one come to Thailand (apart from the islands), it is this Wat and that Wat. I guessed the guidebooks are written for a certain audience and that audience is people like me. I would be much more excited to read about things that are unique and local- sights and things that locals do- such as this article about Singapore. I do not suggest that it is inappropriate or irrelevant to focus on highlights such as local places of worship & endearment, it�s just that the average independent tourist- the target of such guidebooks- is more keen on discovering local going-ons than knowing where ALL the pagodas, wats etc are.

Monday, April 18, 2011

About

Nothing happens when you sit at home. I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times…I just shoot at what interests me at that moment. – Elliott Erwitt"
“I treat the photograph as a work of great complexity in which you can find drama. Add to that a careful composition of landscapes, live photography, the right music and interviews with people, and it becomes a style.” – Ken Burns