Content


Location: Camels & riders, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan, India (26.92oN, 70.9oE)
Date: 30 Dec 2008; 3.30pm
Camera: Canon 400D with Sigma 17-70/f2.8-4.5

A good friend of mine who have been to the Namib Desert of Namibia was terribly upset and disappointed with �the so-called dessert and camel rides� in Rajasthan. I thought it was humorous for her to expect the Thar Desert to be anything remotely close to the great sandy dunes of Africa. I supposed if the Tourism people of India and Rajasthan did not make such a big deal out of the �desert experience� of Rajasthan, tourists� expectations will not be so high. Anyway I did not have high expectations when I did the so-called �camel safari� after hearing the feedback from my friend. So I was not disappointed. To me it was just a night out in the so-called desert.

Technorati Tags: ,,
Thursday, July 15, 2010

About

Nothing happens when you sit at home. I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times…I just shoot at what interests me at that moment. – Elliott Erwitt"
“I treat the photograph as a work of great complexity in which you can find drama. Add to that a careful composition of landscapes, live photography, the right music and interviews with people, and it becomes a style.” – Ken Burns