Content


Location: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India (25� 16' 55.2? N, 82� 57' 22.68? E)
Date: 29 September 2005; 7.55am
Camera: Canon 300D with kit lens
Varanasi is one of those magical places on Earth that one feels the influence of religions on mankind. Apart from its
array of fabulous architecture, the city is always full of devoted Hindu pilgrims, who perform amazing rites such as bathing and drinking the water of Ganges River. One has to have the utmost of faith and belief to do so as the river is polluted with all sorts of stuff. To me, acts like this (and those of devoted Tibetans prostrating on all fours at sacred temples and prostrating/walking to holy places) are just some of the mysteries and sacrifices that religious faiths can extract from devoted practitioners. Though I have no religious beliefs, such devotion always inspires my unreserved respect.

Monday, May 31, 2010

About

Nothing happens when you sit at home. I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times…I just shoot at what interests me at that moment. – Elliott Erwitt"
“I treat the photograph as a work of great complexity in which you can find drama. Add to that a careful composition of landscapes, live photography, the right music and interviews with people, and it becomes a style.” – Ken Burns