Content


Location: K2 Base Camp, Pakistan (35� 44' 0? N, 76� 31' 0? E)
Date: 9 July 2007; 7.30am
Camera: Canon 400D with Sigma 17-70/f2.8-4.5

Pakistan is one of my favourite destinations. Its people are extremely hospitable and the mountain sceneries are just breath-taking. I may have wrote this before in this blog, to me, Pakistan�s Karakorum mountains are more beautiful and impressive than the Himalayas. They are more structured, muscular and full of characters. So it is with great sadness to read about the sufferings of this country and its people in the hands of Muslim extremists. Many innocents had been killed unnecessarily and many lives destroyed by the blind fanaticism of a few. I used to tell my friends not to worry about the news and all; one only read about the bad news and life in Pakistan is not as dangerous as one gets the impression from news reports. However, as the terrorist activities multiplied and multiplying with greater severity in the last six months, I am changing my opinion as to the safety of visiting the country. I still like to believe that at least things are saner in the mountain areas and it is still possible to enjoy the fresh air amongst the giant mountains.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

About

Nothing happens when you sit at home. I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times…I just shoot at what interests me at that moment. – Elliott Erwitt"
“I treat the photograph as a work of great complexity in which you can find drama. Add to that a careful composition of landscapes, live photography, the right music and interviews with people, and it becomes a style.” – Ken Burns