Content


Location: 12 Apostles, Port Campbell National Park, Victoria, Australia (38� 39' 57? S, 143� 6' 16? E)
Date: 22 May 2008, 7.35am
Camera: Canon 400D with Sigma 17-70/f2.8-4.5

The 12 Apostles are a collection of limestone stacks off the shores along the Great Ocean Road in the Port Campbell National Park. There are actually only 8 of the Apostles left despite its name. This is perhaps the most well-known and visited destination in Victoria, probably also due to its proximity to Melbourne. The 12 Apostles can be quite spectacular especially when there are menacing skies from impending thunderstorms.

There is public transport to the 12 Apostles and there are heaps of one or two-day tours that run from Melbourne. There are also accommodation in the nearby towns such as Apollo Bay and Port Campbell as well as homestays at the farms. I stayed at the excellent 13th Apostles backpacker hostel at Princetown when I drove there recently.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

About

Nothing happens when you sit at home. I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times…I just shoot at what interests me at that moment. – Elliott Erwitt"
“I treat the photograph as a work of great complexity in which you can find drama. Add to that a careful composition of landscapes, live photography, the right music and interviews with people, and it becomes a style.” – Ken Burns