Content


Location: Notre Dame de Paris, Paris, France, (48� 51' 10.8? N, 2� 20' 59.28? E)
Date: 27 February 2006; 4.50pm
Camera: Canon 300D with Sigma 70-200/f2.8

Notre Dame Cathedral, one of the first Gothic cathedrals is considered one of the finest of French Gothic architecture. Its walls are adorned with all sorts of fierce looking grotesque sculptures of gargoyles and chimera. Of course, the most famous of gargoyles (and quintessential of all photos of Paris) are those crouching gargoyles on the parapets of Notre Dame gazing across the Seine over all of Paris. Unlucky for me as when I was visiting Paris, the cathedral was under partial renovation and access to the roof was closed; and hence I never get to meet these famous grotesque creatures up close.

Technorati Tags: ,
Monday, May 19, 2008

About

Nothing happens when you sit at home. I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times…I just shoot at what interests me at that moment. – Elliott Erwitt"
“I treat the photograph as a work of great complexity in which you can find drama. Add to that a careful composition of landscapes, live photography, the right music and interviews with people, and it becomes a style.” – Ken Burns