Content


Location: Singapore National Museum (1� 17' 48.2? N, 103� 50' 55.1? E)
Date: 21 March 2008; 12.45pm
Camera: Canon 400D with Sigma 17-70/f2.8-4.5

A different perspective of the famous David statute of Michelangelo; this one is covered by a flowery layer of textile, reminiscent of traditional handmade brocade, commonly used for the baju kebaya, a customary women�s blouse. In this novel garb, Indonesian artist Titarubi uses David to explicitly express attributes of femininity.

Technorati Tags: ,,
Tuesday, July 29, 2008

About

Nothing happens when you sit at home. I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times…I just shoot at what interests me at that moment. – Elliott Erwitt"
“I treat the photograph as a work of great complexity in which you can find drama. Add to that a careful composition of landscapes, live photography, the right music and interviews with people, and it becomes a style.” – Ken Burns